1.Students can know what is Chinese New Year and how Chinese people celebrate this important festival .
2.Students can make a new lantern or do a papercut.(Chinese character 春).
3.Students will have fun by watching a new year movie(little door god小门神).
By the end of the class, students will able to
1. say six countries: 中国，美国，英国，埃及，西班牙，澳大利亚
2. say six nationalities中国人，美国人，英国人，埃及人，西班牙人，澳大利亚人
3. use 2 sentence patterns: 我来自…… 我是……( I am from …(country). I am ..(nationality)… )
4. use Google Translate to find the Chinese words and Pinyin for countries
5. introduce a person, telling his/her nationality and the country he/she comes from
The students will be able to greet each other in Arabic
Ask about each other’s names.
Answer the question of what’s your name in Arabic
Count, understand, read, and write numbers from (1-10)
Understand the Arabic words for directions
After completing the class, students will be able to
1. remember important Chinese New Year traditions and some cultural taboos
2. know and demonstrate some basic Chinese New Year celebration practices such as Chinese paper-cutting; writing Red Couplets with Chinese brush pen; writing the Chinese character 福and paste it on the wall in the correct way, making paper lanterns and solve lantern riddles; making red envelopes and practice putting money in them according to Chinese traditions; try on traditional Chinese clothes.