Students should know three Chinese radicals (speech, rock and white), four characters (dian hua hao ma which means phone number) and a question word duo shao (how many, how much)
Students should be able to ask and answer about phone numbers.
Goals (What should students know & be able to do by the end of the unit?):
1. Know the family members in Chinese
2. Know how to introduce their family members in Chinese
3. Be able to recognize the relevant words and expressions
4. Ask/answer general questions in Chinese
5. Get a general knowledge of Chinese Double Ninth Festival and make a paper work
6. Know their relatives in Chinese
By the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
• name places in their environment
• relate vocabulary about places to previous lessons about mainly food, drinks and school subjects
• students can use the negative form ”I wasn’t in…..”and positive “I was in…”
• Identify the three main languages used in the school.
• Recognize what music and PE are in Arabic.
• Recognize some activities related to Music and P.E.
• Form sentences using different sports.
• Name the main objects they use in the classroom.
• Ask where objects are in the classroom.
• Compare between a students' life in the US and in Egypt.
• Compare between Egyptian public schools and classrooms and American Public schools and classrooms.