1. Skills: Listening and speaking.
2. Language: Ss can say Hello (你好！ni hao) and Goodbye (再见！zai jian) ; ask the question “What’s your name?(你叫什么名字？)” and answer in Chinese. “I am… “(我叫wo jiao….)
3. Culture: Ss can know the difference between the Chinese names and the American names.
4. Students get to know the class routine and teacher’s directions : stand up/sit down, please/ line up (起立，坐下，排队)
Interpretive Reading & Listening
Ss. can master the words: 长城、故宫、烤鸭、京剧、好吃、好听
Ss. can ask and answer using the following sentence patterns.
Presentational Speaking & Writing
1.Ss. can tell about famous sights and roast duck in Beijing.
2. Ss. can ask and answer the questions about famous sights and roast duck in Beijing and Peking Opera as well.
Chinese opera together with Greece tragic-comedy(希腊悲喜剧) and Indian Sanskrit Opera(印度梵剧) are the three oldest dramatic art forms in the world.This class students will get to know the history ,the development ,various role of the opera and mask-making.
By the end of this lesson, students will be able to
1. Know about 清明Qingming Festival: when, why, what people do and introduce the festival to parents;
2. Say the words Qingming清明 in Mandarin；
3. Write the two characters 清明;
4. Draw a picture about the festival.