As part of the Teachers of Critical Languages Program (TCLP), program alumni, current exchange teachers, mentor teachers, administrative representatives, and U.S. schools and districts are eligible and encouraged to apply for grants to fund Critical Language Projects (CLPs). These projects may range from $500 to $3,000 and are designed to complement the TCLP experience by contributing to the enhancement of critical language programs in U.S. schools and furthering the teaching of English, Arabic, or Chinese as a Foreign Language in the home countries of the international alumni. In addition, CLPs promote mutual understanding and lasting relationships between program alumni and their U.S. colleagues.
To apply for a CLP grant, TCLP alumni teachers and schools should submit a completed application via https://ais.americancouncils.org/tclpgrants. Please contact email@example.com with any questions. To be considered for the next round of grants, submit an application by November 30, 2021.
Learn More & Plan Your Project
- Download our webinar to learn how you can implement a CLP in your school or community
- Organize your ideas with a CLP logic model
- Develop the details even further using a CLP action planning guide
- Review the Top 11 Reasons Why CLPs Are Not Selected
- Compare your application with examples of a weak CLP application and a strong CLP application